Nova Agri Inc.
As the Plant Manager at Nova Agri you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our Vegetable Packing Plant which is a cold chain operation. You will apply your knowledge of the agriculture industry and business operations to manage operating budgets, production reports, inventory, staffing, quality/reliability, customer service, and other key deliverables. You are a true leader who has a drive for results and is skilled at building and leading an effective team, keeping safety as a top priority. You can transition from the office to the plant floor with ease, and communicate effectively with staff at all levels in the organization.
If you thrive in fast-paced environments and have the drive to lead teams across all four seasons, we want to hear from you!
• Ensure all plant operations and business is conducted in a safe, compliant and controlled environment.
• Oversee the management of the day-to-day operations of our packing plant.
• Ensure planned KPI’s of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
• Ensure environmental compliance.
• Communicate and liaise among different divisions, managers, sales & marketing and supervisors.
• Develop and implement product costing program and targets.
• Manage and monitor machine efficiencies.
• Ensure staff members are meeting goals on a continual basis.
• Work closely with our food safety team.
• Work with our Marketing Department to set production targets and forecasting.
• Responsible for meeting pack out/quality commitments.
• Work with the maintenance team to ensure optimization of machinery
• Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded, including those of the customer.
• Effectively communicate results and action plans to all employees, manager, and directors.
• Collaborate directly with supervisors and human resources to ensure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
• Responsible for cost savings measures relating to crewing, standards, and yields.
• 5+ years of leadership experience, including experience with budgeting
• Agricultural experience in food processing facility an asset
• University degree in related field is preferred
• Experience or demonstrated knowledge of industry standards, plant operations, and technological advancements, including Good Manufacturing Practices
• Experience in material planning, supply chain, inventory control, production planning, building and equipment utilization.
• Knowledge of food safety requirements
• Refrigeration knowledge is an asset
• Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedure, and machinery.
• Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
The Nova Agri Group of companies is a nationally recognized innovative Agri Food business located in the Annapolis Valley specializing in production, value addition, and marketing. Our business entails production of fruits and vegetables, packing and processing, & marketing to the major retailers in Atlantic Canada as well as exporting to other countries. We foster a positive work environment and recognize the value of our employees and the importance of workplace safety, product quality, excellence in customer service, and respect for the environment.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org