Seasonal Farm Labourers
Cavendish Farms is sourcing for the position of Seasonal Farm Labourers-(6) positions to be based at our Amherst, NS location
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have two state-of-the-art potato processing plants in PEI, another in Jamestown, ND and Lethbridge, Alberta and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, ON. Our Head office is in Dieppe, NB and sales office locations are in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Farm Labourer will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Cavendish Farms is looking for Farm Labourers for a period of 6-8 weeks. There are seven (6) positions available. Expected start date is as soon as possible.
*Please Note: A clean criminal background check, and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (25kgs)
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- High degree of attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- No experience required, however mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in farm operations would be considered an asset
- General labour including washing, cleaning, housekeeping, landscaping etc
- Grading, and harvesting potatoes
- All other duties as assigned
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please apply at www.jdirving.com/careers or drop-off applications to:
1030 Greeno Road
Chapman Settlement, NS
If applying in person, please bring any two pieces of the following ID with you:
(driver’s license, passport, birth certificate)
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- General Farm Experience