Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Cavendish Farms is looking for Seasonal Farm Mechanic for a period of 6-8 weeks. Expected start date will be on or about September 15th (weather dependent).
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the successful incumbents will be results-driven, self-starters who are always looking for opportunities for improvement, and have the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
*Please Note: A clean criminal background check, driving abstract and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
- Education Required: High School Diploma or Trade Certification
- Years of Experience Required: 1 year
- Mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in farm operations would be considered an asset
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (25kgs)
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- High degree of attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Inspect, repair, and maintain farm machinery or equipment. This includes but is not limited to tractors, trucks, tillage equipment, potato harvesters, and other potato handling equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections to ensure reliability and safety throughout the season
- Complete harvest and storage equipment maintenance
- All other duties as assigned
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please apply at www.jdirving.com/careers or in-person at:
1030 Greeno Road
Chapman Settlement, NS
If applying in person, please bring any two pieces of the following ID with you:
(driver’s license, passport, birth certificate)
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews.
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Other (details below)