Tuesday, February 22, 2022
Canada’s Agriculture Day is a time to showcase all the amazing things happening in the industry and help consumers see the connection to where their food comes from and the people who produce it. It’s an annual event that happens across Canada with in-person and virtual events and social media campaigns. Consumers want to learn more, and this day is a great way to start the conversation.
Last year, the entire ag industry celebrated across the country, shared our pride, opened doors to new food conversations, and trended nationally on Twitter. And we can’t wait to do it again in 2022.
Canada’s Ag Day is something that everyone can participate in. Here are a few ways:
- Use pre-made social graphics and GIFs from agday.ca
- Post your own photo or video on why you love agriculture or food
- Share a ‘day in the life of a farmer’
- Make a recipe live and encourage your followers to cook along with you
Remember to use the hashtag #CdnAgDay when post.
Contact Your Local Media
- Write an editorial to your local paper on farming, food, or agriculture and explain what Canada’s Ag Day is and what it means to you
- Write a blog post and share online
- Contact radio or TV media to do an interview (NSFA can support you in this)
Host a Meal
- Cook an All-Canadian (or all Nova Scotian) meal for family and friends. Please keep public health restrictions in mind
- Cook or bake a treat and deliver to neighbours. Leave a note or information about Canada’s Ag Day
- Plan a take-out community dinner as a fundraiser for a local not-for-profit organization
- Make it a movie night and celebrate Canadian food with a food or farming documentary
Encourage others to show-off their culinary talents too. You can post pictures of you and your guests enjoying your food with a “Forks Up Selfie”
Join Meet Your Farmer
Meet Your Farmer in conjunction with NSFA and Dalhousie Faculty of Agriculture are hosting a number of events.
- Cooking Without a Kilt live show. We are joining the Kilted Chef on his Facebook live show at 3PM on Tuesday, February 22. He will be making a soup using Nova Scotia ingredients. We will be giving away a prize pack to one lucky viewer.
- The Rising Cost of Food Fireside Chat- we will be streaming a live fireside chat focusing on the cost of food. This is in partnership with DAL.
- Meet Your Farmer Colouring and Art contest- Youth ages 2-13 are welcome to enter the contest. Details are available at: https://meetyourfarmer.ca/create-with-us/
Feel free to come up with your own ways to share your passion for ag and inspire others to join the conversation. It’s all about celebrating Canadian agriculture and food in engaging, fun and respectful ways. For more social graphics please visit: https://agriculturemorethanever.ca/cdn-ag-day/