Strong farms. Sustainable workforce. Sound future.
The AgSector Program supports farms by providing access to the tools and resources they need to ensure a sustainable workforce. Our work is focused on the needs of employers and workers, and actively promotes agriculture as a rewarding career.
Your Resource for Attracting and Retaining a Sustainable Workforce
- Delivering human resources support and best practices.
- Navigating labour legislation and programs.
- Supporting succession planning through tools and resources.
- Promoting innovative approaches to workforce challenges.
- Fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the industry.
- Strengthening the workforce through skills development, education and training, and career promotion.
How we do it
- Deliver training and workshops
- Develop templates, tools, and best practices for use on farm
- Keep you up to date through newsletters, websites and social media
- Work with stakeholders and industry partners
- Promote agricultural careers to Nova Scotians
Education & Training
HR & Labour
For further information or to discuss your farm’s workforce needs, contact the AgSector Program Coordinator today.